What's Happening at Steenrod?
Mr. Birch and Mr. Leib have put together a Go Fund Me Project called: Rockin' and Rolling: All for One and Music for All. In their words: "My students need steel pans, guitars, bass guitar and keyboard to create a unique rock ensemble. This will also serve music students in the general classroom too."
This year PTA will be providing inflatables at Fun Field Day. In order for your child to participate, you must return a permission slip. Lost it? See attached.
The last day of banking will be May 12, 2016. Mark your calendar.
If your child is a banker, May 12 is definitely a day they will want to bank. :-)
It is that time of year! We are starting our membership drive for our PTA for the 2016-2017 school year! We start early for a few reasons: 1. The beginning of year is very hectic with all the paperwork. 2. Our kids need our attention at the beginning of the year - we don't need to worry about PTA paperwork. and 3. It takes awhile to enter all of the information and get the committee lists ready. Having the memberships over the summer allows us to work on these as we have time.
This week, your child should be bringing home an envelope with the invitation to join. We tried to save office supplies and attempted to do them by family. If for any reason you did not get one, please email Tracie Seivertson.
So... for all those reasons, please join the PTA.... and please help us before school ends...
Please have your child wear their Steenrod Spirit Wear this Tuesday, April 26th. The students will participate in a pep rally to pump up the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students as they prepare for the GSA testing. This is guaranteed to be an event full of energy and encouragement for our students to "DO THEIR BEST"!
Can you believe the talent Steenrod students portrayed at the Variety Show last week? We certainly can't! The singing, dancing, acting, comedy, tumbling, and more left us all very impressed. If interested, you can still purchase a DVD for $20. Please return the form by Wednesday, April 27, 2016. Here is the link. The DVD is a great treasure, plus entertaining on a rainy day.
RSVP April 22, 2016
Event April 28, 2016
The Steenrod Wellness Committee will be hosting a Family Fitness Night on April 28, 2016. It promises to be a fun event. Please see attached for all the details and the RSVP Form.
The Wellness Committee is a Steenrod School Committee. Mrs. Dietrich will be happy to answer any questions.
Order By May 1, 2016
We are getting ready to order the shirts for the children for Fun Field Day 2016. Fun Field Day is May 20, 2016.
Shirts cost $8.00 each. They are light blue. Buying a shirt is optional if you are volunteering. The volunteer shirts help offset the cost of the children's shirts.
If you would like a shirt, please email Tracie Seivertson.
Please know the newsletter and the website is the only way we advertise this. If you know someone who might like a shirt, please help spread the word.
The Steenrod Variety Show — 3, 2, 1…Talent! is this week! Here is important information that you need to know for the nights of rehearsal and the big night! Rehearsals
Rehearsal attendance is mandatory for your child to participate in the variety show. You should have received a note last week telling you when your child will rehearse. Rehearsal has been split between two nights to reduce the waiting and long evenings for the children. If you have any questions, please contact Jessica at 304-559-6248 or firstname.lastname@example.org. • Students are to stay after school the day of their rehearsal. Please write a note in his/her agenda with permission to stay for rehearsal. Students will report to the gym then will walk with teachers and PTA volunteers for Triadelphia Middle School Auditorium from 3:30-5:30.
• PTA will provide bananas, pretzels, and water for snack immediately after school.
• We will rehearse in the order they will perform during the show. Your child is act _______ and will rehearse on ____________. He/She will be ready for pick up at approximately ____________. Please understand this is a rehearsal, so times are not exact but an estimate. We appreciate your patience.
• Please enter the second side door at TMS on the Steenrod side to pick up your child (signs will be posted). Please be prompt. TMS has other events scheduled in the auditorium past 5:30.
• Send your child’s CD of music to school with them the day of rehearsal. We must keep the CD and return to the student after the variety show on 4/23. Variety Show (Friday, 4/23 at 6 p.m.): • The show is in the TMS Auditorium this year. Please bring your child to the hallway behind the stage (second floor, by the main office – signs will be posted) no later than 5:45. Students may arrive as early as 5:30.
• We have two brief, 5-minute intermissions for students who have completed their act/acts, and students may watch the show in a designated up front. Volunteers will be sitting with the children who want to watch the show. To remain respectful and courteous to those performing on stage, we ask that students and parents do not freely move from the audience to the backstage during acts.
• DVDs of the program are for sale. Please visit steenrodpta.com to download order form. Orders are due this Wednesday.
The PTA Variety Show Committee
1-10 of 504